Superfoods are foods that are packed with health benefits. They give you an extra-large serving of vitamins and minerals to help us live a long and healthy life. Everyone knows the superfood, Kale, to be healthy and low calorie but do they really know all of the amazing health benefits behind this nutrient powerhouse?
Benefits of eating Kale
- Vitamin A (206% of the recommended daily amount), C (134%), K (684%)
- Folate (a vitamin B that aids in brain development)
- Protein (3g per cup)
- High in Iron (more than beef)
- 2.5 grams of fiber (helps manage blood sugar levels)
- Omega-3 (healthy fats)
- Powerful antioxidants (helps fight free radicals)
- Detoxifies body which keeps our liver healthy
- High in calcium (more than milk)
- Helps lower cholesterol (benefits heart health)
How to include kale into your meals
Not everyone loves the taste of it enough to indulge in a massive kale salad. That’s okay if you are one of those people because there are many other ways to incorporate kale into your meals. If you do not want to give up on kale salad yet, try adding mashed avocado and lemon juice to your salad. Or slowly start incorporating kale into your juices, smoothies, soups, and sandwiches. Juices and smoothies are an exceptional ways to pack in many crucial vitamins into one simple drink. Lastly, toss some kale into whole wheat pasta mixed with veggies for a quick and satisfying dinner filled with lots of nutrients and health benefits.