As fall approaches, we tend to reach for cozy food, clothing, and activities. Whether we do this intentionally or not, our diet does shift a little. We crave warm foods and different flavors that match the season like pumpkin, apple, carrot, and peppermint. If you're getting sick of your everyday fruity summer smoothie bowl, keep reading for 3 tasty fall smoothie bowl recipes!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup non yogurt (dairy free or regular)
- 1 frozen quartered banana
- 1 Medjool date
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- pinch of nutmeg
The infamous "PSL" but smoothie edition. Blend all of these ingredients together and top your bowl off with toppings of your choice such as pecans, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, cocoa nibs, etc.
- 1 frozen banana, small
- 1/2 non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt (add extra almond milk or dairy free yogurt for vegan option)
- 2/3 cup apple sauce, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
Place all of these ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth. Toppings such as sliced apples and granola pair well and add a crunch!
- 1 cup chopped romaine (I didn’t have romaine so I used spinach)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups chopped raw carrots
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 banana
- 2 clementines, peeled (also didn’t have so I used mango)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of ground cinnamon and/or nutmeg
First blend the romaine and coconut milk until smooth. Then add the remaining ingredients and blend again. As always, top it off with toppings such as pistachios or toasted coconut flakes and your healthy version of carrot cake is complete!