Cider donuts are a fall must have. Vegan cider donuts are just as good as the ones you get at the apple orchard and are a little bit healthier! Dairy-free, egg-free, oil- free and baked, not fried.
- 3/4 cup Spelt Flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 3 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- A few tbsp organic cane sugar mixed with 1/4-1tsp of cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 6 cavity donut pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Whisk together the apple cider, coconut milk, applesauce, and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined. The batter is supposed to seem wet.
- Spoon the mixture into the donut pan and fill each cavity to the top.
- Bake the donuts for 11-13 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon for the topping.
- When the donuts are done, let them cool in the pan for a minute or two. They should easily slide out of the pan. Immediately dip each one into the cinnamon sugar mixture while they are warm.
- These tasty donuts are best served warm! Share and enjoy!