If you are looking for a moist muffin with lots of flavor in each bite, this Apple Cinnamon Muffin recipe is for you! Here is the original recipe from The Simple Veganista. They are not overly sweet so they can be a great way to start your day, or to snack on throughout the day!
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 2 tablespoons almond meal (ground flax seeds), optional
- pinch of mineral salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut or light flavored olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, or non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup finely diced or grated apple…with or without the skin (1 large or 2 very small apples)
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, pure cane sugar or turbinado
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- tablespoon chopped oats, optional
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine the almond flour, flaxseed meal, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.
If you chose to use coconut oil you will want to combine and heat the oil, maple syrup and non-dairy milk on the stove top, or in the microwave until the coconut oil is just barley melted. You can skip this step if using olive oil! Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix them together. Then stir in the apples and nuts. The batter should be on the thicker side, not runny.
Line your muffin tin with liners or grease with oil. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
Next, scoop and fill each muffin cup to the top. If you would like, you can sprinkle them with the cinnamon and sugar mixture and add chopped oats on top. Bake for 17-20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Let the muffins cool, and enjoy! This recipe makes about 10 muffins.